“It’s not that I’m not a ‘morning person.’ I love mornings. I’m just not a ‘waking up’ person.” – my unknown soulmate
Let’s face it. It is a MAJOR accomplishment if I manage to wake up and do a workout, let alone get some sort of breakfast together. These mini frittatas can be made ahead on Sundays and are a yummier, more festive alternative to scrambled or hard boiled eggs (my go-to options.) I added sweet potatoes to the base in an attempt at making it resemble hash browns.
Sometimes it can be boring eating the same thing every day for breakfast. This recipe is very versatile because you can mix and match combos of veggies to spice it up. I’ve put together a few different options below — the pictures are of the “Saved By The Bell Pepper” combo 🙂
Egg Frittatas On The Go
Cost per serving: <$1 (for real for real)
- 12 eggs
- 1 small sweet potato, grated
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Spice blend: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes
Saved By The Bell Pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 scallion, diced
- optional: cheddar cheese, chicken sausage
You Feta Have A Good Day
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
Fiesta (Because You Want To Siesta)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- cheddar/jack cheese blend
- top with: dollop greek yogurt, diced avocado, pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Throughly spray a 12-muffin tin with no-stick spray (not joking about this. They tend to stick.)
- Use a paper towel to dry out the sweet potato in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, stir to combine. Press sweet potato mixture into each muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp of water, salt, and pepper, and whisk. Add your veggies/other ingredients and spices.
- Use a 1/4 or 1/3 cup measuring cup to spoon egg mixture into each muffin tin overtop the sweet potatoes, pouring until tin is full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until eggs have set.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Wrap 2 frittatas together in cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat. Heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and enjoy!